About Me

My name is Brian Stevens and I am relatively new to the education department at South Alabama. I switched majors in May 2008, and I have at least 2 years before I will graduate. I hope to one day be able to teach high school social studies. If I am lucky enough, I could graduate with a degree to teach college years down the road. My main reason for wanting to teach is I want to set good examples for teenagers growing up and give them a good history background to stand on once they enter their college careers or where life takes them. Another reason why I would like to teach is to have the summers off where I can do positive things for the community and/or travel to different countries.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Classroom Activities

As a history teacher, there are many things to stay interested in the material, and things I will try with the students to encourage them to stay focused. Group projects on historic eras, field trips to the historic museum, or even role playing historic characters in the classroom. Oral quizzes and other activities other than burp-back testing is what I will strive to do. I want to make it as enjoying as possible for the students.

No comments: