About Me

My name is Brian Stevens and I am relatively new to the education department at South Alabama. I switched majors in May 2008, and I have at least 2 years before I will graduate. I hope to one day be able to teach high school social studies. If I am lucky enough, I could graduate with a degree to teach college years down the road. My main reason for wanting to teach is I want to set good examples for teenagers growing up and give them a good history background to stand on once they enter their college careers or where life takes them. Another reason why I would like to teach is to have the summers off where I can do positive things for the community and/or travel to different countries.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

What Grade I Prefer To Teach/Format

What grade I want to teach....I would like to teach 11th or 12th grade social studies. I dont know the chances, but the reason is because I want to help push them to that maturity level the students will need before they venture off to college or other paths, with the tools(school related, and as a person) needed to be an adult in the outside world.

The format I want to use to get my lessons across include lecturing and class discussions. I will use powerpoint at times because of its ease to help with chapter quizzes, and study sheets. But I am open to pretty much any teaching methods as I learn throughout my college career.

No comments: