About Me

My name is Brian Stevens and I am relatively new to the education department at South Alabama. I switched majors in May 2008, and I have at least 2 years before I will graduate. I hope to one day be able to teach high school social studies. If I am lucky enough, I could graduate with a degree to teach college years down the road. My main reason for wanting to teach is I want to set good examples for teenagers growing up and give them a good history background to stand on once they enter their college careers or where life takes them. Another reason why I would like to teach is to have the summers off where I can do positive things for the community and/or travel to different countries.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Tools for the Students and Teachers

Technology Tools I want to use and have students use in better learning...The three main tools i would like to implicate in the students learning are classroom blogs, podcasts; listening and maybe doing some of our own, and the use of Youtube.

There are many documentaries and learning videos on youtube teachers could use to help the students learn in different ways besides inside the classroom. Student blogs would be a great way for students to learn about each other and learn off of each other by seeing other perspectives of their classmates when discussing classwork...Im sure I will use powerpoint sometimes. Its a universal tool that simplifies and bores the class at times, so I will try to minimalize its use. I am not aware of all the technology out there, so it will be interesting to see what other ways teachers are using to get there lesson taught in a learning environment

No comments: